Documents Required for Ukraine Visa Application
If you are planning to stay in Ukraine, You should check the Ukraine visa requirements to find out if you need a travel visa. And this will depend on your nationality as well as the purpose of the trip and length of stay.
The Embassy of Ukraine says that nationals of more than 52 countries around the world are capable of applying for Ukraine e Visa through a simple online application form, which allows them to travel to the country for a number of motives including business or tourism.
However, in order to submit the form online, it is necessary for applicants to ensure that they obey all the necessary requirements for the Ukraine visa online.
Documents and eVisa Requirements for Ukraine
That's all of it. In your online e-visa application, you will have the option to upload 5 documents so be sure to prepare them in the right format.
One important thing to keep in mind is that it only allows you to upload files that are not bigger than 10MB in size each which is quite problematic when it comes to preparing your document.
Make sure to optimize PDF and JPEG as the size is given below and make sure all documents are readable as there were some reports that might reject your e-Visa application if the information written on your documents is not readable.
Applicants may be required to present a copy of the approved Ukraine visa on arrival and border control alongside their passport, to fully meet the e-visa requirements for Ukraine and gain access to the country.
Before applying for a Ukraine e visa, you need these documents ready;
- A Passport, with
- Minimum validity of at least three months after the expiry intended date of leaving Ukraine.
- Two blank pages for affixing visa
- The issue date is somewhere in the past ten years
- One Passport-Size Photo with These Specifications:
- 3x4cm (Dimensions)
- Off-white or white background
- Taken in recent six months
- Taken with you staring straight at the camera
- No headgear or glasses are allowed. You may cover your head if it's for religious purposes, provided that it does not hide your face.
- TA high-quality picture without any shadows, glare, or over exposure
- At least 30,000 Euros covering travel health insurance, which should last your entire stay in the country
- You should provide any of the financial proof that covers your stay in the country:
- Banks statements of the last six months
- Pay slips of the last three months
- Tax returns of the last fiscal year
- If you are retired, pension
- In case someone else is covering your expenses, a sponsorship letter from them
- Accommodation proof in the country
- A return travelling ticket
- Proof that visa fee for Ukraine is paid
- A legal residence proof of the place you are living in currently (If you are not living in your home country)
- Additional documents showing the purpose of travel
- Proof of accommodation: In a situation when you are not going to visit a friend or family, you will be required to provide proof of reserved Ukraine accommodation. The immigration department would confirm this reservation. However, it is not advisable to pay for an accommodation reservation when your visa application has not been approved
Ukraine Regular Visa Requirements
The Ukraine regular visa has a long period of 6 months / 1 year / 5 years that issued within three category C Type Visa (Short-Term Visa) with Single Entry / Double Entry / Multiple Entry, D Type Visa (Long-Term Visa) with only Multiple Entry, B Type Visa (Transit Visa) with Single Entry / Double Entry / Multiple Entry.
All foreigners who are required to have Ukraine regular visa are requested to apply for a visa to the relevant nearest Ukraine Embassy or Consulate not earlier than 3 months before the date of the planned entry to travel to Ukraine.
Document Requirements for Ukraine Tourist Visa
If the reason you are applying for a Ukraine visa is tourism or a private visit, then you need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Passport size photos
- Old passports and visa
- One copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of tour ticket
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Statement from your bank to prove you have enough finances to fund your visit
- Income tax statements of last three years
- Travel insurance
Document Requirements for Ukraine Business Visa
If you are applying for a Ukraine Business Visa, you need the following additional documents:
- An invitation letter received from the organization/company, you are going to meet in the country, provided that it’s a letter written on the company’s official letterhead that contains the Unified State Registry number of the company along with all details regarding you and the trip.
- Sponsor or employer’s letter which confirms that all of the expenses will be covered by them
Document Requirements for Ukraine Work Visa
If you are applying for a Ukraine Work Visa, the documents showing the purpose of your travel include:
- Your Job Employment Permit, which your employer has obtained for you from the Ukrainian State Center of Employment.
- If you are going to work in the Ukrainian branch of a foreign company registered in Ukraine:
- Letter of invitation from the company’s branch
- Confirmation from the Ukrainian Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
Document Requirements for Ukraine Student Visa
If you are traveling to Ukraine to study at any Ukraine educational institution, you need the following additional documents:
- The original Study Invitation Letter, issued by the Ukrainian State Center for International Education
- Letter of invitation/enrollment issued by the Ukrainian educational institution
Document Requirements for Ukraine Family Visa
If you are applying for a Ukraine visa to join a family member who is a Ukrainian citizen or legal resident, you need the following documents::
- Proof of family ties, such as:
- Marriage certificate (for spouses)
- Birth certificate, showing the names of the parents (for children/parents)
- Copy of the passport of your family member in Ukraine
- If your family member is a residence permit holder: Copy of their residence permit
Document Requirements for Ukraine Transit Visa
The following document are required when applying for Ukrainian Tourist Visa
- Ticket to the third country
- Visa permit to the third country (if a visa is required)
- Confirmation of international transit by car/other vehicles
- If transporting goods: A valid license
Note:The list is in-exhaustive as there may be other documents that the embassy or consulate may request.
These are the following documents you need to have when travelling to Ukraine.
- A valid passport that is not going to expire for at least six months
- Valid health insurance
- Financial statement from the past 3-6 months as proof of sufficient funds
- Return air tickets
- Accommodation/hotel booking information
It depends on your nationality and duration of stay. If you are eligible for an Ukraine e-visa and stay for less than 90 days, you can apply online by filling a form and paying the fee. If you are not eligible for the e-visa or are staying for more than 90 days, you must apply through the consulate and embassy
Once you have entered the country, the visa allows you to stay for up to thirty days in Ukraine.
Applicants need to provide their personal information, passport information, and email address. They also need to have a passport, which is valid for the next six months or more, and a payment card to pay the visa fee.
You can stay in Ukraine with an e-visa or a normal visa for 30 days. If you are eligible to enter without a visa, you can stay for 90 days without the visa.