Ukraine Visa | Apply Visa for Ukraine
The Ukraine government introduced the electronic visa (e-visa) is an online visa application in 2018. The e-visa permits eligible citizens to travel to Ukraine for a short-specified time. In 2019, Ukraine had already opened up its e-visa platform to over 52 countries around the world. The Ukrainian government implemented the Ukraine visa online to expedite the visa application process for eligible citizens and improve Ukraine border control.
The e-visa for Ukraine permits holders to visit the country for purposes of tourism, business, medical treatment, activities in the field of culture, science, education, or sports, or to perform official duties of a foreign correspondent or representative of foreign media.
Holder of Ukraine e-visa is permitted to visit and stay in the country within a period of 30 days. It is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in Ukraine. Eligible applicants are required to complete the Ukraine visa application form with personal passport and travel information.
Ukraine Visa Application
Ukraine visa application might be stressful at times, but knowing the right steps to getting your Ukraine visa application prevent you from being degraded.
If you are planning a trip to Ukraine, you may have to apply for a Ukraine visa before the travelling time. However, that's not always the case for some countries, since citizens of several countries are allowed to enter Ukraine with simply their passport, some for an indefinite amount of time. However, you need a visa for you to be allowed to enter Ukraine unless you are from one of the visa-exempt countries.
When to apply for Ukraine visa
You have to apply for a Ukraine visa at least 10 days before you travel, but no earlier than three months.
How to apply for Ukraine Visa
First, you have to visit the Ukraine website and complete the Ukraine Visa Online Application Form. You will select your nationality, and purpose of travel. You have to fill some personal details but make sure that these details match to own passport. As your first name, surname, date of birth. When filling the application will have to require even your passport details passport number, date of issue, and date of expire.
- Apply application from online
- Valid email Id
- After you complete the form, Upload require documents photo, passport copie, health insurance policy, proof of sufficient funds.
- Pay the fee online through Debt card, credit card, and paypal account
Types of Ukraine visa applications
The Ukraine government issues three types of Ukrainian visas:
- Short-Term Ukraine Visa (C Type)
- Long-Term Ukraine Visa (D Type)
- Ukraine Transit Visa (B Type)
Ukraine visa applications – Transit Visa (type B)
This type of visa is issued to foreigners who have to transit through Ukraine territory while on their way to a third country. The Ukraine type B visa allow holders for a single-entry of up to 5 days for one year. This type of visa can be extended to double or multiple-entry but the holder cannot exceed 5 days in Ukraine with this type of visa.
Ukraine visa applications – Short-term Visa (Type C)
The short-term visas for Ukraine are issued to foreigners who wish to enter Ukraine for short stays and, based on the purpose of travel, can be categorized into:
- Ukraine Tourist Visa: for visa-foreigners traveling simply for tourism purposes
- Ukraine Business Visa: for foreigners who need to travel for reasons related to their work, such as attend a business meeting, negotiations, etc.
- Ukraine Visitor Visa: for foreigners who are traveling for a private visit to a Ukrainian friend or family member
- Ukraine Medical Treatment Visa: for foreigners who need to get medical treatment in a Ukrainian medical institution
- Ukraine Media Visa: for foreign journalists traveling for their work
This type of visa permits the holder to stay in Ukraine for up to 90 days within 180 days. This type of visa can also be issued for single, double, or multiple entries.
Ukraine visa applications – Long-term visa (Type-D)
The long-term visas for Ukraine are issued to foreigners who wishing to enter Ukraine with the purpose of temporary or permanent settlement. The most common types of the type-D visas are:
- Ukraine Work Visa: for foreigners who have found a job and obtained a Ukrainian employment permit, authorizing them to work in Ukraine.
- Ukraine Study Visa: for foreigners who have been accepted into a Ukrainian institution of higher education.
- Ukraine Family Visa: for the foreign family members of Ukraine citizens or legal residents of Ukraine.
Ukraine Visa Requirements
The visa requirements for Ukraine tourist, visit or business visa application are all the things that you must submit to get a Ukraine visa. They include::
- Visa application form
- International passport Your International travel passport should still be valid for at least three months beyond the intended stay and having at least two blank visa designated pages.
- Passport photographs Recently taken 3x4cm passport photographs. The passport photographs should be taken not less than six months before the application time and should be taken on a white background.
- Travel Medical Insurance Confirmation letter from a Health Insurance Company declaring coverage with a minimum of valid period to Ukraine. If you don't have insurance, or your insurance company cannot provide specific insurance letter, you have to purchase travel medical insurance for the entire duration of your trip and provide proof of purchase
- Proof of return flight tickets reservations It is recommended to submit a flight reservation instead of buying a flight ticket during Ukraine tourist, business or visit visa application.
- Proof of accommodation: In situation when you are not going to visit a friend or family, you will be required to provide a proof of reserved Ukraine accommodation. The immigration department would confirm this reservation. However, it is not advisable to pay for an accommodation reservation when your visa application has not been approved.
- Financial status proof: You have to prove that you can provide for yourself during the stay. You may be asked to provide any of the following financial proof.
- bank account statements – last 3 months
- proof of income e.g. payslips - last 3 months,
- tax return from previous fiscal year (if self-employed),
- confirmation from the responsible authority about the amount of pension (if retired).
- Invitation letter/evidence of purpose of trip You need an invitation letter if you are visiting a family, friend or going for a seminar or conference in Ukraine. Only the original copy of the invitation letter is accepted for the application processing. In a situation where you don't have a relative in Ukraine, you will need to get a tour voucher from a registered tour operator in Ukraine. Only the original copy of the tour voucher is accepted. Note that the embassy of Ukraine will not accept a document without an original copy.
- Cover letter This is personal written letter stating the details of your trip.
- Introduction letter from your employer Your employer will have to issue you a letter of permission to travel to Ukraine stating the proposed travel period. On the introduction letter, your employer has to state your leave period and date you are expected to resume.