Ukraine Visa | Apply Visa for Ukraine
The Ukraine government introduced the electronic visa (e-visa) as an online visa application in 2018. The e-visa permits eligible citizens to travel to Ukraine for a short-specified time. In 2019, Ukraine had already opened up its e-visa platform to over 52 countries around the world. The Ukrainian government implemented the Ukraine visa online to expedite the visa application process for eligible citizens and improve Ukraine border control.
The e-Visa for Ukraine permits holders to visit the country for the purpose of tourism, business, medical treatment and activities in the field of culture, science, education, sports and, to carry out official duties of a foreign correspondent or representative of foreign media.
Holders of Ukraine e-visa are permitted to visit and stay in the country within a period of 30 days. It is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in Ukraine. Eligible applicants are required to complete the Ukraine visa application form with the personal passport and travel information.
Ukraine Visa Application
Ukraine visa application might be stressful at times, but knowing the right steps to get your Ukraine visa application prevents you from being degraded.
You will need to apply for a Ukrainian visa if you want to travel the country before you depart. However, that's not always the case for some countries. Residences of most countries may enter the country without a visa, provided that they have a valid passport. While some are eligible to stay in the country for a short period, while others can indefinitely stay in the country. Still, you need a visa for you to be allowed to enter Ukraine if you don’t come from any of the visa-exempt countries.
When to Apply for Ukraine e Vis
You have to apply for a Ukraine visa at least 10 days before you travel, but no earlier than three months.
How to Apply for Ukraine e Visa
First, you have to visit the Ukraine website and complete the Ukraine Visa Online Application Form. You will select your nationality, and purpose of travel. You have to fill in some personal details but make sure that these details match with your passport. Like your first name, surname, date of birth. When filling the application you will have to require even your passport details passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry.
- Apply application form online
- Valid Email Id
- After you complete the form, Upload the required documents: photo, passport copies, health insurance policy, and proof of sufficient funds.
- Pay the Ukraine Visa fee online through a Debit card, credit card, and PayPal account
Purpose of Issuance : Apply online
The Ukrainian e-Visa is issued for a variety of travelling reasons including;
For Ukraine Tourist Visa, applicants can choose one of the three processing duration options. Applicants can choose between the super rush processing which takes 15 business days, rush processing which takes 17 working days and standard processing which takes 19 business days.
For the required documents, the traveller has to show proof of the hotel booking, or an arranged tour services voucher or documentation showing the receipt of tourist services in Ukraine regarding arranged visits to cultural sites.
▪ Business purposes
For Ukraine business visa, the visitor will have to provide documents showing invitation from a registered organization or company, issued on an official form that must contain the number from the Ukrainian National Registrar of Legal Entities, an invitation from a state body, state institution, state organization or state enterprise and/or documentation showing the implementation of foreign investment as per the legislation on the foreign investment authority in Ukraine.
▪ Private Visits
One of the following documents must be provided; an invitation from a Ukrainian citizen or foreigner, or stateless person residing in Ukraine either permanently or temporarily, a document showing the foreigner’s rights to own real estate in the Ukrainian territory or proof that the foreigner is a father, mother, wife, husband or a child of a citizen of Ukraine.
▪ Working as staff from a foreign media entity
Here, a corresponding application from the relevant foreign mass media must be submitted.
Medical treatment purposes
For medical treatment, an invitation from a healthcare facility must be submitted.
▪ Participation in scientific, cultural, educational or sporting activities.
An invitation from a Ukrainian registered legal entity has to be provided on an official form, an appeal from the state body of a foreign state or an international organization and/or an invitation from a state body, state enterprise, state institution or state organization.
The consular fees charged for the single entry e-Visa and double-entry e-Visa is dependent on the country. The consular fees doubles, in case of urgent e-Visa processing. In case the applicant’s application for the visa is not successful, it is important to note that the consular fees are non-refundable.
Ukrainian online Visa application takes a conveniently short time and upon approval, the e-Visa is emailed to the applicant. The visa's validity is up to 30 days, from the approval date.
Ukraine Visa (e Visa) Requirements
The Ukraine visa application requirements for Ukrainian tourists, visit or business visa applications are all the things that you must submit to get a Ukraine visa. They include:
- Complete Ukraine e-Visa Application Form
- International passport Your International travel passport should still be valid for at least three months beyond the intended stay and have at least two blank visa designated pages.
- Applicant photographs Recently taken 3x4cm passport photographs. The passport photographs should be taken not less than six months before the application time and should be taken on a white background.
- Travel Medical Insurance Confirmation letter from a Health Insurance Company declaring coverage with a minimum of the valid period to Ukraine. If you don't have insurance, or your insurance company cannot provide a specific insurance letter, you have to purchase travel medical insurance for the entire duration of your trip and provide proof of purchase.
- Proof of accommodation: In a situation when you are not going to visit a friend or family, you will be required to provide proof of reserved Ukraine accommodation. The immigration department would confirm this reservation. However, it is not advisable to pay for an accommodation reservation when your visa application has not been approved.
- Financial status proof:
You have to prove that you can provide for yourself during the stay. You may be asked to provide any of the following financial proof.
- Bank account statements – last 3 months
- Proof of income e.g. payslips - last 3 months,
- Tax return from previous fiscal year (if self-employed),
- Confirmation from the responsible authority about the amount of pension (if retired).
E-VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Submit Online Application Form
Upload Photo and Passport Page.
Pay visa service fee
Using Credit / Debit card or PayPal.
Get e-Visa on Mail
e-Visa Will be sent to your registered e-mail.
Travel To Ukraine
Print e-Visa and carry at the time of travel.
Ukraine Regular Visa Applications
Ukraine regular visa has a long period of 6 months / 1 year / 5 years that issued within three category C Type Visa (Short-Term Visa) with Single Entry / Double Entry / Multiple Entry, D Type Visa (Long-Term Visa) with only Multiple Entry, B Type Visa (Transit Visa) with Single Entry / Double Entry / Multiple Entry.
All foreigners who are required to have Ukraine regular visa are requested to apply for a visa to the relevant nearest Ukraine Embassy or Consulate not earlier than 3 months before the date of the planned entry to travel to Ukraine.
To get Ukraine regular visa, the applicant has to visit the nearby Ukraine Embassy or Consulate to submit their regular visa application with all required documents.
It takes up to 5 working days from the day application is applied and 10 working days from the day of application within regular visa service and the processing time of visa application with regular service may be extended for up to 30 days if any additional inspections are necessary.
Types of Ukraine Regular Visa Applications
Three types of visas are issued by the immigration authorities of Ukraine
- C Type Visa (Short-Term Visa)
- D Type Visa (Long-Term Visa)
- B Type Visa (Transit Visa)
Ukraine visa applications – Transit Visa (type B)
This type of visa is issued to foreigners who have to transit through Ukrainian territory while on their way to a third country. The Ukraine type B visa allows holders for a single entry of up to 5 days for 1 year. This type of visa can be extended to double or multiple-entry but the holder cannot exceed 5 days in Ukraine with this type of visa.
Ukraine visa applications – Short-term Visa (Type C)
This type of visa can be issued to those foreigners who need to visit the country for a brief period. The Type C or short-term visa can be categorized as the following, according to the purpose of travel:
- Tourist Visa: Issued only for tourism purposes
- For the purpose of tourism, Tourist Visa can be issued
- For the purpose of only business, for example attending a meeting, conference or inauguration, Business Visa can be issued
- For visiting friends or family members in Ukraine, Visitor Visa can be issued
- For treatment in any medical facility based in Ukraine, Medical treatment Visa can be issued
- For journalists, Media Visa can be issued
With validity of 180 days, the short-term visa can allow you to stay for up to 90 days in the country. You can obtain it as a single, multiple, or double visa.
Ukraine Visa Applications – Long-term visa (Type-D)
This type of visa can be issued to the foreigners who are seeking permanent or temporary settlements in the country. Some common type-D visa include:
- For people who are planning on working in the country or have an employment permit, or have found a job, can be issued with a Work Visa.
- Students that are accepted to study in higher educational institutes based in Ukraine can be issued with a Study Visa.
- For legal residents or members of Ukrainian family can be issued with a Family Visa
You can enter multiple times with this type of visa that will allow you to stay for up to 90 days in the country. However, those that have resident permits can be permitted to stay more than 90 days in Ukraine. The extension also applies to citizens of visa-exempt countries such as the EU and the US.
Additional Documents Required for Ukraine Regular Visa
- Invitation letter/evidence of the purpose of the trip You need an invitation letter if you are visiting a family, a friend, or going for a seminar or conference in Ukraine. Only the original copy of the invitation letter is accepted for application processing. In a situation where you don't have a relative in Ukraine, you will need to get a tour voucher from a registered tour operator in Ukraine. Only the original copy of the tour voucher is accepted. Note that the embassy of Ukraine will not accept a document without an original copy.
- Proof of return flight tickets reservations It is recommended to submit a flight reservation instead of buying a flight ticket during Ukraine tourist, business or visit visa application
- Cover letter This is a personal written letter stating the details of your trip.
- Introduction letter from your employer: Your employer will have to issue you a letter of permission to travel to Ukraine stating the proposed travel period. In the introduction letter, your employer has to state the leave period and the date you are expected to resume.
t is compulsory for every foreign traveler to obtain a visa before visiting Ukraine. You can easily apply for a visa online if you have the passport of one of the countries eligible for Ukraine e visa. Foreign travelers from over 50 countries can apply for an online visa. Check out the list of eligible countries for Ukraine visas to determine whether you qualify for an e-visa or not.
For submitting the visa application, there are three options as mentioned below:
- Apply online for an e-visa if your country is part of the list of eligible countries.
- You can apply through the Ukraine Embassy or Consulate in your city.
- Visit a Visa Application Centre of Ukraine in your city.
The online visa is the simplest, cheapest, and fastest way to obtain travel authorization to enter Ukraine for tourism, business, or work purposes. Contact us for more information on how to apply for an online visa to Ukraine
You need to fill out an online Ukraine visa application form to obtain a visa to enter Ukraine. Travelers from over 50 e-via eligible nations can apply for a visa online. The online application is very simple and quick. You need to provide them with some basic information about yourself, such as name, Date of Birth, passport information, and address. You also need to fill in your purpose of travel and other information, including passport number, issue/expiry date, and date of expected travel and departure into the form. After completing the form, you will upload the supporting documents (as per the requirements of your desired visa) and pay the Ukraine Visa Fees using a debit or credit card.
The processing time depends upon the type of visa you require, i-e, standard or urgent. We currently offer three different packages for travelers to choose from:
- Super rush processing which takes 15 business days
- Rush processing which takes 17 working days
- standard processing which takes 19 business days
The fee for the different packages differs according to the package you have chosen. The fee for the super rush package will be the highest.
The Ukraine visa fee is dependent on your nationality and type of visa. You can pay the fee online through your credit or debit card. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted.
Ukraine is safer than other European countries for traveling amidst the global pandemic. Cities like Kyiv, Lviv, and Odessa are safe to travel to and enjoy. You can visit the beautiful cities, monuments, and mountains in the country's Black Sea side. They are following all the SOPs and protocols to provide its tourists with a safe environment.