Ukraine Entry Restrictions
There are certain entry restrictions on the foreign visitors interested in visiting Ukraine. In addition, citizens of certain countries will not be allowed to enter without a Ukrainian visa. Ukraine has tightened the entry restrictions due to Covid-19. However, the ban has been listed now, and the airports are open.
Coronavirus Travel Restrictions
- The non-exempt foreigners need to present health insurance proof that they can treat and recover from the Covid-19 during their stay
- Visitors need to purchase insurance from a company with representation in the country or a Ukrainian company
- All the non-exempt travellers need to present the following As of August 27, 2021:
- A negative PCR test is taken 72 hours before travelling to the country
- A rapid negative antigen test is taken at least 72 hours before arriving in the country
- A certificate or official documents confirming that the travellers are vaccinated with approved vaccines from WHO.
- The documents need to be in paper or digital form and should have the following details
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- ID Card
- Signature of the vaccine recipient
- If you are from Russia or India, you need to be quarantined until properly vaccinated.
Exempt from Presenting health Insurance
- Citizens of Ukraine
- Diplomatic Passport holder
- Permanent resident of Ukraine
- Children under the age of 12
- Nation military personnel
- Merchant seaman
General Ukraine Travel Restrictions
Citizens of most countries need to have a visa before entering the country, and citizens of some countries can apply for an Ukraine electronic visa. The advantage of an electronic visa is that the people applying for these visas do not have to go to a Ukrainian Embassy or a consular office. The electronic visa is straightforward and streamlined and won’t take more than a few minutes to complete. You can check if you are eligible for applying for Ukraine e Visa on the website.
If you are from the following countries, you can’t apply for a eVisa or an electronic visa; instead, you have to apply through an embassy in person
- North Korea